At Sterling, training and professional development are part of our continuous improvement process and key to our Customer First focus. We offer a learning culture where no matter what position or career path you choose, a wide range of on-the-job classroom training and self-directed learning programs are available.
Team Members are offered a variety of performance, technical, and sales training opportunities so that they can pursue their own diverse career goals. Training and professional development options include:
- Classroom training - We design our own classes and educational materials tailored to our Team Members training needs. Some classes are designed as self-study, so you determine the pace of your learning. Others are designed for group learning in a classroom setting, allowing Team Members across the country to meet one another.
- Professional certification - Outside organizations such as the Diamond Council of America and the Gemological Institute of America offer professional certification programs that will advance your product knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Leadership development - Our leadership development program is offered to develop leaders for growth in responsibility and/or position.
- Tuition reimbursement - Sterling offers tuition reimbursement for successfully completed, qualified college-level coursework.
- Mentoring - Individual mentoring in a department of choice is provided to Team Members who apply for and are accepted into this program.
- Diversity training - We believe that to know better is to do better. All Team Members are required to attend diversity training classes.